Create a Blog using Google Blogger
- Go to Google and sign in. Under the Tools menu, click on MORE and you will see the icon for Blogger:
- Once the Blogger page opens, click on New Blog.
- You will be asked to give your blog a title and a web address.
- In the title, you can give the blog a descriptive, but short name. Your blog name should indicate its purpose and semester.
- For example, you can call it, My Reflective Journals - Semester 2, 2014.
- In the Address, use a name that is easy to remember. It also has to be unique.
- For example, You could call it, http://aisha-teacher.blogspot.com
- Once you have created the blog, you can set many different options including the template and side bar.
- Many of the settings can be left as default. However, you should look over them to be familiar with the privacy settings.
- Please note - the proxy server at the college may prevent you from creating a blog. You may have to repeat this process at home.
Post by Email
You can create a post for your blog via email from your smart phone or tablet if you so desire. You can also insert an image or two via email as well.
- Click on SETTINGS and then click on Mobile and Email
- Once in the settings, you can set up your blog to allow you to post to your blog from your mobile device.
- You can create an email address to which you can send your posts from your phone.
- Add a word in the email box. It should be something easy to remember.
- Then, add the email address to your phone contacts. Call the new contact, Blogger.
- Test it by taking a photo with your phone and then emailing it to the blog.
- The subject of the email will be the title of the post. Any words you type into the message box will appear in the body of the post.