How to add a Flickr Album to Mahara
A photo album is one of the most visual tools you can add to your profile page. You can use the images to highlight a range of evidence. By using Flickr, you can create as many albums as you like and add new ones every semester.
You can manage a wide variety of settings in Flickr.
- Have a look at the help files to get a better idea of what you can do.
- I recommend that you use your mobile device to capture images.
- Use the Flickr App to load these images automatically to your Flickr account.
- Be aware that this app will load all of your images to Flickr. DO NOT WORRY. They should be private and you can control all access to the photos quite easily.
Once you have a Flickr account (https://www.flickr.com/), you will need to create a new album.
- Click on the Albums link and then look for the "Add New album" icon
- Follow the steps to create a new album and then add some photos to the album. Once you have done this, make sure you have the album open in the browser, and then copy the link from the address bar.
- Make sure that the album name is showing in the main panel. Then copy the address from the address bar at the top of the browser window.
- Go to Mahara and open the page in which you want to embed the album.
- Under media, select image gallery.
- Follow these settings. Paste your Flickr album address into the Gallery URL box. Set your block to be retractable and save.